Digital Doors was created as a place for me to blog and share resources that I think would be helpful for teachers integrating technology in meaningful ways in their classroom. My goal would be to write a blog post a week, but with my busy schedule, that doesn't happen. I write when I can and rely on nifty tools to help me share what I am finding when I don't have time to write.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Pin It

Widgets

"Look for the helpers."


"When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping." To this day, especially in times of "disaster," I remember my mother's words and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers – so many caring people in this world."








I have had the blessing in my life to live and travel all over the world.  Because of this,  I have had the opportunity to witness good people doing good things all over the world.  Contrary to what you may see on the evening news, there is no shortage of this.  And this type of “helping” behavior doesn’t stem from what nation we are from, what our skin color is, or whether we are rich or poor.  Parents love their children, teachers devote themselves to their students, strangers come to the aid of strangers in need, neighbors look out for each other, children are curious and eager to learn, and many people share more of themselves than it seems like they possibly could.  There is also evil in the world, and this also, does not stem from nationality, skin color, or wealth or lack there of.   I believe the good far outweighs the bad.  
by Brittney Le Blanc


They say that living abroad changes your personality.  I know it changes perspective.  Anytime we have the opportunity to learn more about each other, the more opportunities we have to discover the amazing good all around us.  The more we know about each other, the more we are likely to love more and hate less.  

As a teacher, I want to make every effort to make sure that our students have opportunities to get to know a lot of good people and see people doing good things not just in our own community, but all over the world.  I’ve often said that my ideal classroom would be a school bus, but even better would be a jet, or a ship.  Since that isn’t likely to happen,  I can help kids to explore beyond our classroom by connecting via, blogs, Skyping, epals, etc.  I want my students to learn to recognize and appreciate, in fact, celebrate both our sameness and our uniqueness.  I want them to learn ways to love more and hate less.
Pin It Now!

No comments: