Digital Doors was created as a place for me to blog and share resources that I think would be helpful for teachers integrating technology in meaningful ways in their classroom. My goal would be to write a blog post a week, but with my busy schedule, that doesn't happen. I write when I can and rely on nifty tools to help me share what I am finding when I don't have time to write.

Monday, May 3, 2010

Pin It

Widgets

Mashups




Mashups are when you create a product using a combination of several different Web 2.0 Tools. Last week at Digital Literacy Workshop, we had a lot of fun creating a Mashup using MyAvatarEditor.com, Power Point, Flickr, Blabberize, YouTube and Google Maps. Check out the steps on our Digital Literacy Workshop site. I always love to share how teachers take and use what we explore in class in their own classrooms. Catherine Meissner is a French Teacher at the high school. Her students are doing a project on Quebec. She has them creating Avatars, putting them in a picture using Power Point, adding a voice (in French) using Blabberize, uploading the video to YouTube and then placing the video on a Google Map. Fun!

Here is a link to Catherine's Map. Pin It Now!

No comments: