Digital Doors was created as a place for me to blog and share resources that I think would be helpful for teachers integrating technology in meaningful ways in their classroom. My goal would be to write a blog post a week, but with my busy schedule, that doesn't happen. I write when I can and rely on nifty tools to help me share what I am finding when I don't have time to write.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Pin It

Widgets

Give Math a Voice

After the scare of leaving my power cord in the hotel and being saved by the fact that my presentation was available online via Google Docs and the generous Becky Firth sharing her computer with me for the session, the session went well.


I shared a little about the history of creating MathCasts and how VoiceThreads worked. The focus was on sharing ideas about how teachers could use these tools to engage students in conversations about math and improve student learning. I shared lots of examples, asked for brainstorming and ideas from the audience and then invited teachers to share their ideas on a VoiceThread. Again, it was an action packed hour. I am hoping that as teachers have a chance to reflect, they will add more ideas to the VoiceThread.

Presentation Wiki


Pin It Now!

No comments: