Digital Doors was created as a place for me to blog and share resources that I think would be helpful for teachers integrating technology in meaningful ways in their classroom. My goal would be to write a blog post a week, but with my busy schedule, that doesn't happen. I write when I can and rely on nifty tools to help me share what I am finding when I don't have time to write.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Pin It

Widgets

Inauguration Day 2009


Inauguration Day 2009, originally uploaded by roswellsgirl.

I had the honor today of watching history with a group of 4th graders at Madison Elementary. Their teacher, Laurie Kerley is at the inauguration with her family. Students were riveted as they watched history unfold. After watching the the oath and the speech, the students got to work while watching the parade. Schools dealt with time crunches, lack of cable and limited bandwidth. It was so exciting to see teachers take time to connect with the real world outside of the classroom doors and help children make a connection to history.

More photos from the morning.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]
Pin It Now!

No comments: