Digital Doors was created as a place for me to blog and share resources that I think would be helpful for teachers integrating technology in meaningful ways in their classroom. My goal would be to write a blog post a week, but with my busy schedule, that doesn't happen. I write when I can and rely on nifty tools to help me share what I am finding when I don't have time to write.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Pin It

Widgets

Blog Words Wordle Meme

Lee Kolbert of A GeekyMomma's Blog, has a great idea for a meme. The idea fits in perfect with Teach42's 30 Days To Being a Better Blogger. She has asked us to share a Wordle created with words from our blog. Wordle will take what ever is in your blog feed. That might just be the most recent posts on your blog. (You can also copy and paste as much text as you would like from your blog for Wordle to use to create. ) But I think that this Wordle does a pretty good job of capturing what is happening on my blog at the moment. Interesting that the most frequent word is the word blog itself. I think that the reason for this is that I have been involved in a challenge about blogging so there have been many posts just about blogging. I love that the next biggest word is share. That is what my blog is all about. Sharing with other's what I am learning and what I see others learning.

If you have not played with Wordle, give it a try. Lots of great ideas for not only use in school, but also for creating art for cards, presents etc. Check out Web 2.0 Wednesday Week 7 Challenge to learn more and see some great examples.

Since this is a meme, I will tag a few of my friends to join in.


1. Create a Wordle from your blog's RSS feed.
2. Blog it and describe your reaction. Any surprises?
3. Tag others to do the same.
4. Be sure to link back here and to where you were first tagged.

For this meme, I tag the following bloggers:

  1. Lisa Parisi
  2. Beth Knittle
  3. Diana Kenney
  4. Dennis Grice
  5. Jennifer Dorman
  6. You

If you are not a blogger, why not create a Wordle from your bio, an essay or journal entry and contribute your thoughts in the comments? Pin It Now!

4 comments:

Jonathan Feinberg said...

It isn't true that Wordle "only takes the first 500 words." It uses your entire feed. Wordle will accept a number of words limited only by your computer's memory.

Lee Kolbert said...

Hi Martha,
Thanks for continuing on my Wordle meme. I like your Wordle and agree that it's pretty cool that "share" is so prominant. ~Lee

Martha said...

Thanks Jonathan, helpful information. I am not sure now where I read that, but when looking at my Wordle and others I have created, this seems to be the case. This is with just putting in the url of my blog. Do I need to do it differently? Love Wordle by the way!

Anonymous said...

Hi Martha,
I was double tagged by you and Jen Wagner, thanks for thinking of me. - Beth