Digital Doors was created as a place for me to blog and share resources that I think would be helpful for teachers integrating technology in meaningful ways in their classroom. My goal would be to write a blog post a week, but with my busy schedule, that doesn't happen. I write when I can and rely on nifty tools to help me share what I am finding when I don't have time to write.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Pin It

Widgets

Like Us Please

Mount Vernon Digital Literacy is looking for Likes.  Yesterday in our Digital Literacy Coach training, several of our coaches commented on the fact that the topic of curating content kept coming to the surface. One of my goals this year is to provide resources, ideas, instruction and inspiration in a convenient and effective way.  We teachers are busy people and we need to maximize our time spent researching, sharing and collaborating.  I am trying to set up systems so that teachers can access the content they need, when they need it in a place that makes sense for them.  So, with that in mind, I have set up a Mount Vernon Digital Literacy Facebook Page.  If you are a fan of Facebook, you can like our page and then when information is shared, it will show up in your timeline.


When  you like our Facebook Page, here is what you can expect to receive.

  • Notices when I've posted a new blog post. 
  • A daily Digital Literacy News Paperli with articles and updates about educational technology from blogs I follow. 
  • Daily lists of resources I have bookmarked in my Diigo library.  
  • News about upcoming workshops and events.
  • Highlights of how students and teachers in Mount Vernon are using technology in innovative ways.

Currently, our page has 12 Likes.  (That is without much advertising.)  In a shameless attempt to get more likes, I will be doing some drawings and contests on the page.  So jump in, learn something new and perhaps even win prizes.  

If you are not a fan of Facebook.  No worries.  I will continue to post content to our Digital Literacy Workshop page, and my blog .  
Pin It Now!

No comments: