Digital Doors was created as a place for me to blog and share resources that I think would be helpful for teachers integrating technology in meaningful ways in their classroom. My goal would be to write a blog post a week, but with my busy schedule, that doesn't happen. I write when I can and rely on nifty tools to help me share what I am finding when I don't have time to write.

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Pin It

Widgets

History Through Parodies

On Friday, I worked with a team of 6th grade teachers who are pulling together resources to teach Ancient Civilizations and World Geography this year.  This great group of teachers was full of wonderfully creative ideas for engaging students in learning History.  My charge was to put it all together so that teachers could easily access and use.  I am also, always looking for online resources that will beneficial.  My favorite find of the day was a site called History Teacherz . This incredibly creative group of teachers has created a series of  song parodies on a variety of historical topics.  The site includes links to an mp3 download, lyrics, links to Youtube music videos and notes on how to use with students.  I think that students would love to watch these videos as an introduction for different topics.  I also love the idea of these videos being the inspiration for student created parodies.
  Pin It Now!

No comments: