Digital Doors was created as a place for me to blog and share resources that I think would be helpful for teachers integrating technology in meaningful ways in their classroom. My goal would be to write a blog post a week, but with my busy schedule, that doesn't happen. I write when I can and rely on nifty tools to help me share what I am finding when I don't have time to write.

Monday, October 5, 2009

Pin It

Widgets

Discover the Den and Did You Know

This Week's Web 2.0 Wows


DEN

Discovery Educator Network:
The Discovery Educator Network (DEN) is a global community of educators passionate about teaching with digital media, sharing resources, collaborating, and networking. With over 100,000 members providing professional development to over 600,000 educators worldwide, the DEN connects teachers both on-line and in-person. Discovery Educators have exclusive access to a wide range of resources, professional development activities, networking opportunities, exclusive Discovery Educator events and more!

I have gained so much by being a member of the DEN.  I have had opportunities to participate in some incredible DEN sponsored events like the National Institute in Berkeley, CA and the Leadership Institute in Silver Spring Maryland.  I've had the opportunity to meet Reed Timor from Storm Chasers and the Deadliest Catch Crew.  I have had the opportunity to learn from educational leaders through webinars.  And most importantly, I have built a great learning network who I call on almost daily for collaboration.

It is easy to become a member of the DEN, just sign up. If you'd like to be more involved, you can commit to becoming a DEN Star.  With Star status you have access to even more resources.  We currently have 3 STARS in the district, myself, Lisa Monson and Michael Guelker-Cone.  We'd love for you to join us.

Did You Know?
More video has been uploaded to YouTube in the last 2 months than if ABC, CBS and NBC had been airing new content 24/7/365 since 1948?

Perhaps you have seen this video Did You Know that came out in 2007 or Did You Know 2.0  or maybe even Did You Know 3.0 .  Well things are changing so quickly that a new Did You Know 4.0 has just come out.  All are interesting videos to watch and are great conversation starters when it comes to talking about how quickly things are changing in our world and how these changes are “flattening” our world.  The last video moves away from the educational aspects and focuses more on the economic implications.  All are very interesting to watch and to think about. I think as we plan for the future of education, we need to keep these changes in mind.  We are moving from a society that consumes content to a society that produces and shares content.  We interact and make changes in new ways. This is not about technology, it is about mindset.



Pin It Now!

No comments: