Digital Doors was created as a place for me to blog and share resources that I think would be helpful for teachers integrating technology in meaningful ways in their classroom. My goal would be to write a blog post a week, but with my busy schedule, that doesn't happen. I write when I can and rely on nifty tools to help me share what I am finding when I don't have time to write.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Pin It

Widgets

Digital Literacy Workshop

Have questions about AIMS and Easy Grade Pro? Join us on Monday, September 21st for Digital Literacy Workshop. District Tech Lab opens at 2:30, AIMS/EGP session starts at 3:15.



Our Digital Literacy Workshop got off to a great start with 20 participants who got a chance to work with PhotoStory3. I think all would agree that is a very easy to use program and there are great possibilities for using in class. If you didn't get a chance to attend, you can have a look at the resources here.

There were lots of people there who came with questions about Easy Grade Pro and AIMS. With help from and other teachers, lots of questions were answered.

At next week's Digital Literacy Workshop, I will focus on Easy Grade Pro and AIMS. Sharing some of the new things in AIMS and showing some tricks for customizing Easy Grade Pro to meet your unique needs. I will do a formal presentation on AIMS from 3:15 - 4:00 but you are welcome to come early or stay late to work on other projects or get other questions answered.

As we become much more intentional about grading in ways that provide meaningful feedback that students and teachers can really use to set goals and improve performance and understanding, it becomes evident that grades can and should mean much more than a percentage of how many questions were marked right. As we make these shifts, not only do our assignments and assessments change, but our grading process changes as well. I know many of you are thinking about this process. I am as well. I have written a blog about my developing thoughts in the area of grading. If you are interested, take a look. I would love to read your comments and thoughts. Pin It Now!

No comments: