Digital Doors was created as a place for me to blog and share resources that I think would be helpful for teachers integrating technology in meaningful ways in their classroom. My goal would be to write a blog post a week, but with my busy schedule, that doesn't happen. I write when I can and rely on nifty tools to help me share what I am finding when I don't have time to write.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Pin It

Widgets

Discovery Educator Network NCCE Event with Reed Timmer

Lots of fun and networking was had at this DEN Event on Thursday night. It was wonderful to see so many DEN members and STARS. We were even blessed with a few STARS all the way from California. What fun to have both Jannita Demian and Dennis Grice at the event. Lots of great sharing and dreaming of what to do next happened during the event. We all had the chance to meet Reed Timmer from Discovery Channel's Storm Chasers. He has lots of amazing stories to tell. He is a great example of how being in to Science can take you to amazing places. We were entertained and inspired more by Reed Timmer when he presented the closing Keynote on Friday. He shared lots of harrowing clips that proved that he has to be a little bit crazy to do what he does. I thought it was great how he emphasized that what he does adds to scientific research and saves lives.


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

If you have photos to add to the collection. Just tag them with NCCEDEN09 in Flickr.

Thanks DEN for hosting such a fun event.

Pin It Now!

No comments: