Digital Doors was created as a place for me to blog and share resources that I think would be helpful for teachers integrating technology in meaningful ways in their classroom. My goal would be to write a blog post a week, but with my busy schedule, that doesn't happen. I write when I can and rely on nifty tools to help me share what I am finding when I don't have time to write.

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Pin It

Widgets

"Meme: Passion Quilt"




Windows on the World by Martha Thornburgh

Ann Oro, NJTechTeacher tagged me for the Meme: Passion Quilt.

In this meme, I'm supposed to find an image that encapsulates what I'm passionate about and also what captures what I want my students to learn.

I chose this picture because I think that it says a lot about me as a teacher and my passions. Students in this picture are creating a public service announcement for Heifer International.
By using a green screen, my students are able to step into the lives of others. As a teacher, I have taught and traveled all over the world, I want my students to have an understanding of other cultures and be able to do things with their life that make a difference. A few years ago, I had the opportunity to visit Heifer projects in Honduras. I was so impressed with the values of Heifer and how they are sharing hope with others. The main principle of Heifer is Passing on the Gift. That is my goal as a teacher, to pass on the gift of a love for learning and an understanding of others.

3 Simple Meme Rules:

1. Post a picture from a source like FlickrCC or Flickr Creative Commons or make/take your own that captures what YOU are most passionate about for kids to learn about...and give your picture a short title.
2. Title your blog post "Meme: Passion Quilt" and link back to this blog entry.
3. Include links to 5 folks in your professional learning network or whom you follow on Twitter/Pownce.

The five people I'm tagging are:

Susan Sedro
Amy Lundstrom
Colleen King
Lisa Parisi
Dennis Grice
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Lisa Parisi said...

Thanks, Martha, for the tag. This should be fun.

Ann Oro said...

I love the photo and the story behind it. I'd love to see the video when it's done. I have not yet attempted green screen. Bob Sprankle posted a blog entry on the Heiffer Project the other day.

Ann