Digital Doors was created as a place for me to blog and share resources that I think would be helpful for teachers integrating technology in meaningful ways in their classroom. My goal would be to write a blog post a week, but with my busy schedule, that doesn't happen. I write when I can and rely on nifty tools to help me share what I am finding when I don't have time to write.

Monday, February 11, 2008

Pin It

Widgets

DEN Virtual Conference

Create biographies with Blabberize!
Go on a mat!h tour with GoogleEarth!
Use a greenscreen to create a Social Studies project

A few weeks ago I posted a great professional development opportunity. The Discovery Educator Network Virtual Conference. The conference was held in face to face locations around the country and also shared virtually as a series of webinars. I was unable to attend the Northwest conference in Portland. (Knee deep in costumes for Beauty and the Beast at the time.) But, I was able to attend the conference virtually via my computer. (PD in my PJs). I learned all kinds of things about new Web 2.0 tools and how to enhance learning with tools available to all of us through Discovery Streaming (used to be United Streaming.) They have posted the archives so that you can now attend at your convenience.

Check out this link to see the archives: http://tinyurl.com/233e3z

If you like these... Check out others including a webinar with Daniel Pink of A Whole New Mind at
http://tinyurl.com/2g2r4m
Pin It Now!

No comments: