Digital Doors was created as a place for me to blog and share resources that I think would be helpful for teachers integrating technology in meaningful ways in their classroom. My goal would be to write a blog post a week, but with my busy schedule, that doesn't happen. I write when I can and rely on nifty tools to help me share what I am finding when I don't have time to write.

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Pin It

Widgets

Web 2.0 The Read-Write Web




The 2006 Time Person of the Year was "You". The honor brought to light the fact that we are ever increasingly a part of world in which we create the content. It is easy as the click of a button to share our ideas and opinions, to create music, movies, share pictures and even edit encylcopedia and news articles. This is a very empowering feeling for all of us and has huge implications for education. Students are no longer learning only from one teacher and one text book. Students are learning from the entire world and more importantly, they are participating in collaborative learning, sharing their knowledge, thoughts and creativity with others all over the world. This is the Web 2.0 or Read Write Web.

As a teacher this is exciting. Every day, more and more tools and applications are introduced on the web that are free to use. These tools make creating, collaborating and communicating easier and more powerful than ever. Earlier this school year I was asked to do a workshop on Web 2.0 tools. I used a web 2.0 tool, a wiki, to create my presentation. In my wiki, I share several tools that I use or have tried. This is just the tip of the iceberg, but for now, I thought that I would share the link to the wiki in case you are interested in trying out a few of the tools.

http://e2t2web20.pbwiki.com/ Click on the title to see my lists of lists and explanations.
Pin It Now!

No comments: