Digital Doors was created as a place for me to blog and share resources that I think would be helpful for teachers integrating technology in meaningful ways in their classroom. My goal would be to write a blog post a week, but with my busy schedule, that doesn't happen. I write when I can and rely on nifty tools to help me share what I am finding when I don't have time to write.

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Pin It

Widgets

Using Webtools to Create a Mashup

I am teaching a class titled 21 Skills for 21st Century Teachers on Monday.  Two of the skills I will share are Creating and Communicating.  Here is an example of creating with several different webtools and then using your creation to communicate.  For this "mashup"  I found a Creative Commons friendly picture of a hand on Flickr.com.  I then went to Tagul.com and created this word cloud.  I then took my word cloud to Thinglink.com and added some hotspots with explanations.  This is my first time to use Thinglink.com.  I am excited to play with this tool.  Next step will be to add video or audio links.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pin It Now!

No comments: