Digital Doors was created as a place for me to blog and share resources that I think would be helpful for teachers integrating technology in meaningful ways in their classroom. My goal would be to write a blog post a week, but with my busy schedule, that doesn't happen. I write when I can and rely on nifty tools to help me share what I am finding when I don't have time to write.

Friday, November 7, 2008

Pin It

Widgets

Voice Thread in World Languages Classes

Yesterday I had the opportunity to meet with Rachael Hodgson and Paul Melgarejo , Spanish Teachers at Mount Vernon High School. They were anxious to learn about blogging and using wikis and Nings to collaborate with other Spanish Teachers. Rachael and crew have some great ideas about using technology to make learning more meaningful and engaging for their students. Rachael has used VoiceThreads in a variety of ways. It seems the perfect fit for having students practice speaking a foreign language. She has VoiceThreads where students are practicing vocabulary words, others where students are actually answering test questions in Spanish. Students use VoiceThread to make presentations. Probably the most unique thing that I saw is that students had uploaded written essays into VoiceThread. Rachael read each essay out loud, so students could hear what their writing sounds like. She discussed revisions with the students in both English and Spanish. VoiceThread is a powerful learning tool and a great way to facilitate discussion.





Thanks to Rachael for sharing these great ideas.

If you would like to learn more about using VoiceThread in your classroom, check out the tutorial on our Web 2.0 Wednesday Challenge. Pin It Now!

2 comments:

loonyhiker said...

Thanks for a great post! I will be doing a presentation on Voicethread in January and I will be referring to your post.

Anonymous said...

Great Voicethread examples!