Digital Doors was created as a place for me to blog and share resources that I think would be helpful for teachers integrating technology in meaningful ways in their classroom. My goal would be to write a blog post a week, but with my busy schedule, that doesn't happen. I write when I can and rely on nifty tools to help me share what I am finding when I don't have time to write.

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Pin It

Widgets

Walk Your Dog While Getting in Some PD




Most people would agree that I spend way too much time on my computer. There is just so much to learn. I subscribe to several educational blogs, I am a member of several online learning communities including, Discovery Educator Network, the Global Education Collaborative and the more informal network, Twitter. There is just so much good out there, but there is also so much good out there not connected to my computer. Like, walking my dog Roswell. So, I am currently experimenting with listening to educational podcasts while walking Roswell. I get some excercise, Roswell is estatic and I can keep up on inspiring ideas to enhance my teaching. Yesterday, I enjoyed a presentation recorded by Ian Jukes at NECC 2007 in Atlanta. As Roswell and I walked, I heard great ideas about how our students are digital learners, (Screen Agers). Their brains are actually wired differently than our brains are wired. They are wired from an early age to be just in time learners, visual and kinesthetic and multitaskers. They think in hyperlinks, not in the linear way that we are accustomed to learning. Learners are different. That means we need to be teaching to that type of learner. Check out this podcast at http://edcommunity.apple.com/ali/item.php?itemID=11751.


If you like the idea of listening to Professional Development Podcasts while walking your dog, commuting to work, washing dishes or whatever, here is a great place to start. http://edcommunity.apple.com/ali/search.php?collectionID=371
Pin It Now!

No comments: