Digital Doors was created as a place for me to blog and share resources that I think would be helpful for teachers integrating technology in meaningful ways in their classroom. My goal would be to write a blog post a week, but with my busy schedule, that doesn't happen. I write when I can and rely on nifty tools to help me share what I am finding when I don't have time to write.

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Pin It

Widgets

Transforming Teaching with Technology (a preview)

I'm using my summer to create, explore and learn new things.  One thing that I am working on is a series of online courses for our teachers for the next school year.  This course is designed to provide some foundational understanding of the why behind tech in teaching and learning.  I am also participating in the Thinglink Teacher Challenge, so I chose to create my introduction to the course using Thinglink.  This is a bit of a mashup.  I used Canva as my main canvas for creating my infographic.  As I started working, I realised that I couldn't find the copyright friendly images I needed, so I created my own using Google Drawings.
 (Note to readers, if you create something that you don't plan on using to make money, consider using a Creative Commons license so that other teachers may use, with attribution, to build other great tools that they too, can share.)
 When I started looking for short and sweet introductory videos to link to my image, I found some really nice explanations that teachers had created (and shared) using Powtoon.  I will be creating another class on creating a Tech Tool Box. It's great to have tools like Thinglink, Canva, Google Draw and Powtoon in my Tool Box.

So here is a preview of one of my upcoming classes.

Pin It Now!

No comments: