Digital Doors was created as a place for me to blog and share resources that I think would be helpful for teachers integrating technology in meaningful ways in their classroom. My goal would be to write a blog post a week, but with my busy schedule, that doesn't happen. I write when I can and rely on nifty tools to help me share what I am finding when I don't have time to write.

Monday, September 22, 2008

Pin It

Widgets

Web 2.0 Wednesday Challenge: Week 4 Google Maps

This week we are learning how to use Google Maps as a collaborative tool. I have created a map for all of us to collaborate on.

The Bucket List

First you will need to make sure that you are logged in with your Google Account. If you don't have one, you can create one here.

  1. Think of a place you have not yet visited that you would like to visit in your life time.
  2. Click on View Larger Map.
  3. On the side, click edit map.
  4. Type the name of the place at the top to locate it on the map.
  5. Use the placemark tool to add a placemark. Title your Placemark Nameofplace:YourName
  6. Type a short description about the place and why you would like to visit.
  7. Go to My Maps
  8. Hit Done
  9. Hit Save
  10. Please do not edit the directions or anyone else's place marker. (When creating your own map, you can invite collaborators by e-mail. You do not have to open it up for anyone to edit. )
(Note the place that I want to visit does not have detailed maps so you have to zoom way out to see it. Not the best example to share, but it is the place on my "Bucket List". )


View Larger Map Pin It Now!

No comments: